Customized capture panels and probe spikes for existing panels
xGen® Lockdown® Probes are individually synthesized 5′-biotinylated oligos for target capture applications in next generation sequencing. xGen Lockdown Probes are produced using the same industry-leading, high-fidelity synthesis chemistry developed by IDT for our Ultramer® Oligonucleotides.
These probes can be used for creating custom capture panels that can be optimized, expanded, and combined with other panels. xGen Lockdown Probes can also be used to enhance the performance of existing capture panels, rescuing poorly represented regions such as areas of high GC content.
Create affordable custom capture panels against small target regions:
- Develop specific sub-panels against target regions of interest
- Achieve sufficient coverage depth to detect rare alleles
- Sequence hundreds of samples cost effectively
- Optimize, expand, or combine custom panels
Spike into array-derived baits to improve capture performance:
- Rescue drop-out regions of array-derived exome captures or large captures
- Improve uniformity of coverage across your target space
- Discover more genetic mutations with high confidence
- Selectively improve specific regions of interest without redesigning a new panel
Two types of probes for customized target capture panels
xGen Predesigned Gene Capture Pools
- Target human coding regions only
- Achieve more cost-effective enrichment than attainable with completely custom designs
- Identify targets by gene symbols or gene IDs
- Select a minimum of 10 genes/target regions per entry
xGen Predesigned Gene Capture Pools are preconfigured probe designs available for all human gene coding sequences. These probes are the most cost-effective method for creating custom gene panels that at delivered quickest and at the most cost-effective price. Probe designs are generated using the same design engine used to create the xGen Pan-Cancer Panel, and use 1X tiling with repeat-masking. These probe sets have been demonstrated to provide ~5000-fold enrichment, high coverage over targeted regions, and minimal GC bias (see the Performance tab).
xGen Predesigned Gene Capture Pools are supplied either premixed in a single tube (16 or 96 reactions) or as individual gene pools delivered in 96-well plates (96 reactions only). With a minimum of 10 genes per pool, you are empowered to explore different panel compositions to identify the appropriate panel composition for specific projects. To include specific human non-coding sequences in your target capture panel, simply add xGen Custom Target Capture Probes.
xGen Custom Target Capture Probes
- Design probes for any sequence in any species using your specified parameters for target definition, probe length, and tiling density
- Use for human probe targets when Predesigned Gene Capture Pools do not match your criteria for design
- Transition to high volume applications easily with 3 production scales
- Use gene symbols, gene IDs, and BED files to identify human, mouse, and rat gene targets; the tools also accepts RefSeq accession numbers or FASTA-formatted sequences
xGen Custom Target Capture Probes are custom designed probe pools for specialized targeting (e.g., non-coding regions such as promoters and UTRs), and for targeting non-human species. The specialized design and synthesis of these custom probe pools may come at a higher cost compared to xGen Predesigned Gene Capture Pools.
Selecting your probes
Use the xGen Lockdown Design Tool (Order tab) to select target region probe pools for your customized target capture panels. The Design Tool will default to the more economical xGen Predesigned Gene Capture Pools. Using target input formats other than gene symbols or gene IDs, and/or changing the Custom Design Parameters, will allow you to select xGen Custom Target Capture Probes.
You can, of course, create your own customized targeting panel with a mixture of xGen Predesigned Gene Capture Pools and xGen Custom Target Capture Probes; e.g., create an order for 50 xGen Predesigned Gene Capture Pools, then add a second order for several xGen Custom Target Capture Probes to target UTRs of a subset of those genes.